Dodge & Vega, PLC was founded in 2006 as a general practice law firm. With offices throughout the Phoenix metro area, and in Utah, the firm has developed a reputation for providing legal counsel on matters relating to personal injury, bankruptcy protection, divorce, and family law matters, commercial litigation, business formation and compliance, estate planning, landlord law and DUI defense.
The firm has substantial expertise, and a winning track record. Our attorneys have many years of combined experience and have saved our clients hundreds of thousands of dollars. As an added service and in response to the ever-increasing internationalization of commerce, our attorneys are fluent in Spanish and German.
The firm has a well-established tradition of excellence and serves its clients with great issue-solving initiative and diligence.
Founder & Senior Managing Partner
Benjamin L. Dodge
Mr. Dodge founded Dodge & Vega in 2006, and is still the Senior Managing Partner. Ben’s practice areas are now focused primarily on personal injury and accident law. Ben has practiced many years in the areas of Bankruptcy law, Family Law, Real Estate/Foreclosure Law, Business Law, Personal Injury, Criminal Law, Bicycle Accident Law, and Estate Planning. He is an endurance athlete with a love for ultra cycling events and Ironman Triathlons. Family is everything to him as he spends most of his free time with his wife and child or out adventuring. His law firm and other business interests have helped shaped his mindset towards a “client first” orientation in all his business dealings. Ben is an entrepreneur with a successful legacy of self employment and business history.
In addition to managing the firm, Ben focuses on representing his clients with professionalism and relentlessness. His legal skill set includes voluntary additional schooling and training with specific emphasis on court room litigation. Ben has completed multiple years of additional litigation training with some of the best trial lawyers in the country through the National Institute of Trial Attorneys (NITA). He as completed the courses and experience necessary to achieve the status of NITA Master Advocate.
Ben’s Personal Background: Ben is in his forties, married to Sonja Huso since 2001, and they have 1 son. His name is William and he has several medical challenges and struggles with severe Autism. They also have 3 Australian shepherd dogs and at least 1 of them will often come to work with Ben. He graduated high school in Lancaster CA in 1997, and then served a 2 year volunteer church service mission in Austria until early 2000. He learned to read, write and speak the German language while living in Austria. Shortly after his missionary service concluded he started college at Brigham Young University in Hawaii on the island of Oahu where he met Sonja. They married in 2001, and settled in Arizona. Ben later graduated cum laude from Arizona State University with a BA in Psychology in 2003. He then went onto graduate school at Willamette University in Salem Oregon where graduated with his J.D. (Juris Doctor – law degree) degree in 2006.
Adventuring is one of Ben’s lifelong pursuits. His love for adventure is a major driving force in his life. He has said, “Every single good thing I have in my life has come from seeking adventure.” Some of his more favorite adventures include:
- 8X Full Ironman Triathlons, 140.6 miles. 2.4 mile swim, 112 mile bike, and a 26.2 mile run.
- KOKORO Navy Seal Program Graduate, Class of 26, “Hooyah.”
- Race Across America 2 Person Team Finisher; 2nd Place. 3,000 mile non stop bicycle race from Oceanside CA, to Annapolis MD, 7.5 days.
- Race Across America 8 Person Team Finisher; 3,000 mile non stop bicycle race from Oceanside CA, to Annapolis MD, 7 days.
- Race Across France 2 Person Team Finisher, 2nd Place; 1,500 mile non stop bicycle race from Nice France, to Le Torquet France.
- Race Across the West Solo finisher. 934 mile non stop bicycle race from Oceanside CA, to Durango CO.
- Kilimanjaro Summit, Lemosho Route.
- 7X LOTOJA finisher; 204 mile non stop bicycle race, longest 1 day USAC sanctioned race in the USA.
- Multi 50 & 100 mile marathon finisher.
- Multiple 500+ Mile Cycling Endurance races such as the Saints to Sinners, Salt to Saint, etc.
- Everesting Hells 500 member, and 1st to Everest on Mt Lemmon (climb 29,029′ in one ride on one segment).
- Mexico Sailboat adventure; stranded, rescued. Boat destroyed in a hurricane.
- Traveled throughout the world, including speaking engagements in South America, and throughout the US.
Practice Areas & Legal Experience:
- Serious Personal Injury
- Bicycle Accident Law
- Wrongful Death
- Divorce & Family Law
- Criminal Law
- Estate Planning
- Arizona State University, Tempe Arizona, B.A. Psychology cum laude, 2003.
- Willamette University College of Law, Salem Oregon, J.D., 2006.
Memberships and Qualifications:
- Founder of Arizona Bankruptcy Lawyers for Excellence “A.B.L.E.”
- Member of Arizona Bankruptcy American Inn of Court
- Admitted to practice in all Arizona State and Federal courts
- National Association of Consumer Bankruptcy Attorneys (NACBA)
- American Bankruptcy Institute
- American Bar Association
- Arizona Attorneys for Criminal Justice
- National College of DUI Defense
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Arizona State Bar
- Bankruptcy Section
- Family Law Section
- Probate & Trust Law Section
As a fifth-generation Arizonan, Mr. Stapley has a unique perspective on Arizona law and the needs of this state. He is an experienced litigator, with nearly 10 years of courtroom experience, appearing in front of judges and juries on a variety of legal matters.
Chris has been chosen as a top 10 under 40 for the State of Arizona with the National Academy of Criminal Defense Attorneys, and top 40 under 40 for the State of Arizona, by the National Academy of Personal Injury Lawyers. Chris’ practice is now primarily focused on Criminal Defense and Family Law.
Outside of the legal field, Chris is a happy family man, married with four kids. In addition to his spending time with his family he also loves hiking, running and playing racquetball.
Getting to know Chris Stapley is a real privilege and we are honored to have him as part of our Dodge & Vega legal team. He is a good guy in and out of the court room.
Laura was born and raised in Michigan. She graduated with her Bachelors of Arts and Sciences from Western Michigan University. After moving to Arizona in 2011, she attended law school at Arizona Summit School of Law (formerly known as Phoenix School of Law).
While attending law school, Laura clerked for Community Legal Services in its family law division. She also was a member of her schools Family Law Association and served terms as the Vice President and President.
Since graduating law school in 2014, Laura passed the Arizona State Bar Exam and has been licensed since 2015. She has practiced exclusively in family law.
In her free time, Laura spends her time with her two daughters. They enjoy soccer as a family, with the girls playing club and all three of them playing recreational indoor together. They also share a of love of traveling, whether it’s an out-of-town soccer tournament, visiting family or finding the closest beach.
Laura looks forward to continued work in family law and advocating for her clients and their individual needs.
Co-Founder & Of Counsel Attorney
Angel “Bacho” Vega
Mr. Vega is a co-founder and Partner of Dodge & Vega. Bacho was born in Ponce, Puerto Rico and moved to the US mainland at the age of sixteen. Bacho has been a member of the Utah Bar since 2000, Arizona Bar since 2004 and is admitted to practice in all Arizona and Utah federal and state courts.
Mr. Vega was born in Ponce, Puerto Rico and moved to the US mainland at the age of sixteen. Bacho has been a member of the Utah Bar since 2000, Arizona Bar since 2004 and is admitted to practice in all Arizona and Utah federal and state courts.
Since 2000, Bacho has represented clients in business organization and compliance, real estate, commercial litigation and landlord matters. Bacho represents hundreds of businesses in their local and national transactions.
In 1996, Bacho graduated from Brigham Young University with a Bachelor of Arts in Political Science. In 2000, he graduated from the University Of Utah College Of Law. During his last semester of law school Bacho clerked for Justice Christine Durham of the Utah Supreme Court.
Bacho enjoys spending time with and especially traveling with his wife and their beautiful children. As a hobby, Bacho enjoys endurance events successfully completing multiple marathons, Ironman and ultramarathons including Javelina 100. Bacho is one of the founding members of Crossfit Preferred and a graduate of the prestigious Sealfit Kokoro camp.
- Corporate Law
- Real Estate
- Landlord Law
- Commercial Litigation
- Brigham Young University, Provo Utah, B.A. Political Science, 1996
- University of Utah, Salt Lake City Utah, JD, 2000